Cleaning refers primarily to the removal of visible dirt or particles; however, the cleaning process isn’t enough to eliminate germs which is why disinfection is highly needed. Disinfection must strictly be practiced by an establishment that commonly acquires high human traffic each day, particularly in commercial and industrial areas. Whether you own a local business firm or a manufacturing building, you need to have a professional disinfection service provider in Malaysia who can go into every corner of your place and make it cleaner and germ-free for a safer work environment.
If you don’t have the time or budget to hire a professional cleaner, then it’s good that you take matters into your own hand rather than watching your area accumulate germs without doing anything about it! Fortunately, We have taken the time to gather all the things you need to know on how to disinfect commercial and industrial areas to give you a better idea when performing such a task. What are you waiting for? Read on!
Things To Remember Before Doing Disinfection
Before you start disinfecting your whole building, make sure you take preventative and safety steps to avoid cross-contaminating germs and spreading them around your area. Here are some helpful reminders to keep in mind before you begin:
- To prevent inhaling bacteria or acquire allergies from the disinfectant solution, wear a facemask.
- For disinfecting surfaces, use latex or surgical gloves.
- When disinfecting, never touch your skin, mouth eyes, or nose.
- Even if you’re wearing gloves, wash your hands thoroughly with water and after disinfecting any area.
- To stop transmitting germs, change your gloves every time you transfer to a new place.
Remember: When choosing a disinfectant, you must do proper research to ensure the solution you are using is safe for your items and furniture.
Disinfecting Common Places Such As Lobbies and Waiting Areas
Your waiting area and lobby are among the places that can acquire thousands of bacteria and germs each day since this is the area where most people spend their time. You certainly don’t want this place to be filled with germs since customers usually spend their time here. If you feel like you have a filthy common area, follow these tips below to achieve successful disinfecting:
Disinfect doorknobs, tables, desks, and light switches, since these items can all become contaminated because of the germs on our hands.
- Disinfect telephones on the reception desk.
- Wipe off the buttons of the TV or radio if you have one.
- Wipe off couches, chairs, and sofas since this can accumulate bacteria as well.
- Disinfect magazines and other reading materials
- Disinfect all surfaces in the reception desk as well as cabinets, file organizers, and shelves.
- Vacuum the floors and carpets and apply a light disinfectant to avoid damages.
- How To Disinfect Office
Your office is where your employees stay. They spend most of their time in this area, so it’s not surprising to know that bacteria can accumulate throughout the day. You need to ensure your office is always clean and disinfected, so your employees won’t get sick, and sick leaves are avoided. Here’s how you can efficiently disinfect your office:
- Wipe all cubicles and desks with a strong disinfectant.
- Disinfect doorknobs, drawer knobs, and cabinet knobs.
- Wipe off light switches and lamp switches.
- Disinfect computers, keyboards, mouse, telephone, and things that are frequently touched.
- Disinfect the AC unit as well as the remote control and buttons that control it.
Disinfecting Your Company Bathroom
We clean ourselves and discharge our waste in the bathroom, but it’s also a breeding ground for bacteria and germs that may make you sick. It’s best to utilize strong disinfectants while cleaning up a bathroom since this is where bacteria, mildew, and germs thrive. Here are some pointers to consider:
- Surfaces such as bathroom sinks, toilet bowls, walls, and floors should all be disinfected.
- Disinfect both the inside and outside of your shower if you have one.
- Wipe the windows and mirrors clean.
- Disinfect the toilet handle and shower head, particularly if you use them frequently.
- Clean the faucets in your bathroom.
How To Disinfect The Break Room
Surfaces in break rooms can hold not only germs from our palms and belongings but also foodborne bacteria, necessitating careful disinfection. With the aid of a good disinfectant and a lot of microfiber cloths, you’ll have a clean company break room and kitchen in no time. Here’s how to get your whole kitchen disinfected:
- Wipe surfaces, light switches, cabinets, and appliances in your break room especially those that are frequently touched.
- Disinfect your chairs, dining table and preparation table, and countertops.
- Wipe off your sink as well as the faucet.
- Disinfect the fridge’s handle.
Remember: When using wipes, make sure you don’t reuse one for another use. The wipe should leave sufficient disinfecting agent on the surface to keep it moist for at least 3 or 4 minutes while air-drying to be safe.
Commercial and industrial areas are high-trafficked areas so as a business owner, you need to take precautionary measures to ensure a vicinity that is safe for everyone inside it!
- What Is Fogging Cleaning and How Does It Work? - April 28, 2021
- How To Disinfect Commercial and Industrial Areas in Malaysia - April 27, 2021
- Why Window Cleaning is Important for Puchong Offices? - April 26, 2021