Did you guys know that cleanliness has a major impact on the performance of staff, students, and society? Aside from cleaning up the minor messes that students leave behind regularly, schools must clean on a deeper level and that includes floors. If you want to increase student performance, keep students and staff safe, and instill healthy manners in the long run, you should clean all the floors, from classrooms, hallways, gyms, and cafeterias. Without the help of a professional cleaner, dirty floors can be susceptible to accidents and may make the people on your property sick.
Although cleaning floors efficiently can be confusing especially for those who don’t have the experience, it’s actually an easy and fun job. We understand that many of you may have questions and concerns about the process which is why we have created the best tips for cleaning your school floors. Read on below to know more!
P.S. Need help with cleaning? We offer all types of cleaning services packages that are suitable for your need.
Table of Contents
Tip 1: Structure Your Cleaning Floor Plan
When it comes, to cleaning several cleaners are uncertain of where to begin. It’s important to have a good idea of what you’re going to do before you start. Generate a checklist of everything that requires to be cleaned so that you don’t forget. Making a schedule will ensure that everyone is aware of what needs to be accomplished, and you will be able to write down the targets. If you’re working in a group, you should split up the cleaning duties.
Furthermore, it would be good that you list down all your floor cleaning products and tools, so you don’t accidentally purchase the wrong one since floors will need a specific kind of cleaner depending on their type. It’s also a good idea to make a list of the cleaning supplies and equipment you’ll need to clean specific rooms. You would be able to avoid making unnecessary trips around the school as a result of this.
Tip 2: Bring The Proper Cleaning Tools
If you want to successfully clean your school’s floors, you must ensure that the cleaning tools you take along with you are the right ones. Here is a list of cleaning tools and equipment that will certainly give you shiny and clean floors in no time!
- Sweeper or Broom – Best for cleaning uneven surfaces such as tile and stone. It can be easy to use and most schools have it, so you don’t have to go out and look for a new one.
- Mop and Bucket – For smaller areas, this is a cost-effective solution that can be used dry or wet on flat surfaces to minimize spills and dust. Enables more freedom of movement in congested areas such as kitchens and toilets, or areas with a lot of desks or seats.
- Vacuum Cleaner – Efficient at extracting dirt from carpeting and mats, in specific. For larger areas, it could be more time-consuming and tiring than sweeping or mopping.
Tip 3: Use the Right Floor Cleaning Product
Since there are many different types of floor materials in a standard school building, it’s essential to have a variety of cleaning products on hand for school floors. Compile a list of the supplies you’ll need for each floor surface, and ensure you have enough on hand in case of an emergency. The following cleaners are recommended for each school area:
- Hallway and Classroom – Since these areas receive a lot of foot traffic, the flooring is usually made of a durable material such as vinyl composition tile. A neutral solvent is a good option since it is less harmful to the atmosphere and leaves no cloudy traces. Additionally, neutral floor cleaners will erase stains, so you won’t have to worry about smudges left behind.
- Gyms – Student protection should be a top priority, regardless of the flooring used. Dust mop with a water-based cleaning solution would be ideal for gyms on a regular basis. Stop using any oil-based product that might leave a slick residue since this may be prone to accidents.
- Restrooms – When cleaning restroom floors, you must always use a cleaner that contains a disinfectant since germs and bacteria accumulate faster in these areas.
- Cafeteria – Cafeteria’ floors can become greasy, raising the risk of falls. A degreaser is the perfect cleaning solution because it not only removes grease properties from your floors, but it also cleans them.
Clean floors are essential for schools since they boost the overall safety of everyone in the vicinity. With this in mind, be sure that you follow the given tips above to get the best results!