A tidy and well-kept office is a factor that helps you rise up against your competitors regardless of what industry you may be operating in. When it comes to the upkeep of offices and commercial rooms, we must deeply understand the value of cleaning to ensure a company that is safe for everyone inside it. Among the vital elements when it comes to cleaning an office are windows. Windows are as vital as other aspects in the office. It brings in natural light and makes the workspace lively and bright. With this in mind, you must regularly clean your windows or better yet, let a professional cleaning company like Fantastic Cleaners handle it.
We understand that having smudges and stains effectively removed from your windows both on the inside and the outside are a pretty difficult process which is why we have listed here the top 5 best window cleaning tips that you can practice to get cleaner windows:
Table of Contents
Tip 1: Make Your Own Cleaning Solution
Although many stores offer window cleaning solutions, it’s still a good idea to make your own. Store-bought Window solutions can contain harsh chemicals and toxic ingredients that can ruin your window’s quality and affect people inside the office. Several reports have been shown that many home and business owners had to call in a professional cleaner since the cleaning solution they bought wasn’t fit for their window.
Furthermore, employees and customers may find the window cleaning solution’s scent strong, leading to an unpleasant experience. Making your own cleaning product on the other hand is quite easy! Just follow the steps below:
- Take a cup of warm water and place it in a bowl.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Grab your favorite essential oil and pour in a few drops.
- Mix it well and transfer to a spray bottle and your cleaning solution is all set!
The vinegar will effectively kill germs in your window and will eliminate stains as well. The essential oil will cover the vinegar’s scent, so your place will still smell fantastic!
Tip 2: Make Sure You Remove Dust From Your Windows
You don’t want to just walk in and start scrubbing. If you do, you’re going to have a hard time removing dirt on your windows since wet dust can be challenging to take out which is why you must ensure dust is fully eliminated before you start. To begin, dust out your curtains or blinds, as well as the window glass and its corners. Once done, take out the curtains or blinds, then dust around them. Be sure you also dust the windows, window frames, and surrounding areas with a big dry brush.
When dusting, be sure to wear a face mask, so you don’t inhale dirt and dust because this can trigger allergies.
Tip 3: Clean Your Windows Both Inside and Out
It’s likely that your office has a number of exterior and interior windows, and it’s important to keep them all clean.
- Exterior Windows – These are the windows that can be found on the outside of your office. A clean exterior window enhances visibility, increases energy efficiency, and gives the company a more professional appearance. Aside from these three advantages, having a clean exterior window prevents glass deterioration and saves you more money in the long run. When cleaning exterior windows, it’s best to leave this to the professional since this task can be difficult, and you might not have the right tools for it.
- Interior Windows – These are usually windows that are on the inside of your hallway entrances or that serve as interior office walls. Cleaning the interior windows and window frames at least once a year is recommended.
Tip 4: Use Microfiber Cloths For Cleaning
If you want to effectively take out all the dust and dirt that’s present in your windows, it’s good to make use of microfiber cloths since they contain thin fibers that easily capture filth. Also, it doesn’t have a harsh surface, so you don’t have to feel anxious about getting your windows scratched.
Tip 5: Hire a Professional Cleaner
Many business owners may think that hiring a professional cleaner is useless since they have employees who can do it for them. However, a professional cleaner possesses the knowledge and skills to properly conduct an efficient window cleaning operation. You don’t have to constantly worry about errors since the professionals have had years of experience in the cleaning field.
Furthermore, you can assign your employee to do a more important task than cleaning which helps your company progress better too.
Clean windows are vital for any work setting may it be for offices, business firms, or corporations. With the given top tips above, we’re sure you’ll get a good outcome out of your windows!