As a homeowner, it is crucial to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions in your premises at all times to prevent the spread of disease-causing germs. Neglecting to do so can allow these germs to flourish.
Dirt, grime, and dust can accumulate through time, and if your house or workplace isn’t cleaned, it can negatively impact your health, status, and well-being. Luckily, you can easily book an outstanding disinfection service from Fantastic Cleaners that will undoubtedly help clean and maintain your environment.
However, as much as we want to, there are times when budget and resources just aren’t enough. But there’s no need to worry! You can do several ways to achieve effective cleaning and disinfecting, and today, we will show you the needed steps.
Table of Contents
Organize Your Items For Disinfection
When conducting a plan for an effective cleaning and disinfecting strategy, the first thing you need to do is to organize your things. It’s common to have items scattered all around your home, especially when you have kids in your house because we all know how these little fellas love leaving their toys anywhere but knowing how to regularly store these items will save you the time and effort of having to tidy them up all at once.
Organizing is pretty straightforward and is actually fun to do. Just be sure to remember these tips when clearing out your home:
- Prepare a large box or container where you can store all your child’s toys. Be sure to check under tables and chairs, so you won’t be able to leave any toys that can’t be easily seen.
- Take any cups, bowls, plates, and kitchenware that’s lying in your living room or bedroom. It’s common to leave such things around, especially when we feel lazy to make our way through the kitchen.
- Store any knick-knacks and unused items inside drawers and cabinets. It’s good just to leave those that you frequently use and keep the ones that aren’t.
Sweep and Mop Your Floors
Once your items have been properly stored and organized, the next thing to do is to sweep and mop your floors thoroughly. Whether its marble or wood, floors are surprisingly dirty and filled with so many germs and bacteria that can make you sick.
Each day, we go out of our homes, and the moment we come back, we may carry along germs with us. These germs can stick to your floors, and if you have kids at home, they’re at risk when they’re playing on the ground. To properly clean your floors, follow these tips:
- Take out your broom and begin sweeping in the corners of your room to ensure all sides are covered.
- Sweep in one direction to avoid dust and debris from scattering all over the place.
- Make sure you mop your floors after every sweeping. Take out any stubborn stains using a floor brush.
Dust Your Carpets, Walls and Furniture
Specks of dust are among the factors that can trigger respiratory problems. Dust usually accumulates in your carpets and furniture, especially when you don’t practice regular cleaning and dusting. If someone in your family usually encounters asthma attacks, then this can be the hidden culprit behind the problem.
- Take out your vacuum cleaner and thoroughly clean your carpets. Make sure all areas are covered.
- Dust out your walls and ceilings; make sure the corners are included since cobwebs could develop. Be sure to include your furniture as well.
Disinfect All Surfaces
The last step left to do is disinfection. All you need to do is take a clean washcloth, an effective disinfectant and wipe down any surfaces. Ensure you’re able to cover kitchen tops, tables, cabinets, desks, and other frequently touched furniture.
Even if you clean, skipping the disinfecting step would still result in an ineffective plan since germs can still thrive in the areas you’ve tidy up.
Following these steps will surely bring you a better and safer home to live in. Not only is this cost-effective, but it’ll also help maintain a house that won’t quickly get accumulated with dust, dirt and germs. So, the next time you clean, be sure to save this guide!